Continuing on from a previous post, here is the rest of the story.
Taking out the bulk heads was not as bad as I thought. I ended up turning them in place which broke the silicone free. I used a large set of adjustable pliers to turn the bulk head nuts while holding on to the center portion of the bulk head. Then I scraped off the old silicone with a razor blade and some alcohol and applied the new silicone/glass patch.
After moving the tank and having one of the bulk head fitting break on me, I decided to remove one of my aquarium’s overflow boxes. This was not a fun process and took me a couple days of contorting into strange positions on a ladder. My hands and fingers were not happy!
Armed with 100 razor blades, a box cutter, and a few other razor blade type instruments I started in. Here are a few photos as progress was made.