I was changing my Bulk Reef Supply (BRS) RO DI resin here a bit ago and couldn’t get the filter out of the canister. Looks like I put too much resin into the filter and is swelled up! I had to take a screw driver to the bottom of the filter to get the resin out. Lesson learned.
Over the past couple weeks I’ve noticed a few crops of green hair algae popping up in the tank. My first reaction to algae is to check my water quality. After seeing my water quality seemed normal I was a bit stumped. So, I changed my RO filters (sediment and carbon) when I first noticed the issue, then changed my DI filter resin (even though my TDS was 0) here last week. Then I tossed out all my top-off water to start out with the “new” stuff. So here’s a picture of one spot where it’s kind of bad. It’s a little over-exposed but it highlights the algae. Hopefully after a week or two I will see a noticeable difference.