After moving the tank and having one of the bulk head fitting break on me, I decided to remove one of my aquarium’s overflow boxes. This was not a fun process and took me a couple days of contorting into strange positions on a ladder. My hands and fingers were not happy!
Armed with 100 razor blades, a box cutter, and a few other razor blade type instruments I started in. Here are a few photos as progress was made.
First I removed the front piece of glass as it was the easiest to get to.
The bio-balls were packed in there pretty tight. After a year or so of having the tank up I tried to get them out but I couldn’t reach to the bottom.
Bio-balls removed and now to cut the PVC with the saws-all.
The skinnier blade of the two razor knives I had worked the best when cutting between the two pieces of glass, but it broke more often.
It was a tight fit!
Left side off.
Same process on the right side.
Overflow box removed. Now I just need to pull the bulk heads out and glue a piece of glass over the holes.
Should have a nice(r) view from the exposed right side of the tank.